Monday, January 11, 2010

A Reprieve to All Artists...and An Apology to Everyone Else


Hey, folks...it appears that if everything goes as hoped, there will NOT be a release of my B/X Companion in February.

I don't know if that's as disappointing to you as it is to me, but I'm in negotiation for the cover art and it's looking like the earliest I could get it back would be May 1st. And with no cover, there's no game to release. The cover (and a good one) is a necessity.

For everyone that wanted to submit art to the project: that means you get lots of time to fiddle with your individual projects...without me begging, cajoling, and harassing. Which is all to the good for everyone, really.

Plus, it will give me some time to develop some other things (like the module...hell, maybe even do some playtesting...sheesh!), and perhaps set up a web site for .pdf downloads.

Anyway, it's not for sure yet, but I am hopeful. Think happy thoughts, folks!

4 comments:

  1. Calm blue ocean ... calm blue ocean ...

    Better to get it right, than get it fast.

    Thanks for the update!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gives you one more editing pass, artists get another two months, it comes out after tax-time and you're giving people something to spend their tax-return ducats on ... win-win all around.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a wise move. Hope you get the cover you're after! :)

    ReplyDelete